Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Scheme (IPTAAS) is a NSW Government scheme providing financial assistance towards travel and accommodation costs when a patient needs to travel long distances for treatment that is not available locally. In order to be eligible for this service, a patient needs to meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island
- Be enrolled with Medicare
- Not be receiving, or eligible for, financial assistance for travel and accommodation from third party insurance or other Australian government services
- Be referred for treatment at their nearest health service
- Receive treatment at an approved health service
- Travel from their residence for treatment at least 100km (one way), or at least 200kms in a week by making multiple trips to and from treatment
For more information please contact 1800 478 227.